Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Photography Podcast - This Week in Photography

Having an iPhone makes listening and watching podcasts VERY enjoyable! I used to just listen to them and now I just load them up. One of my favorites that I listen to now and recommend to any budding or professional photographer to listen to is "This Week in Photography" It really has a nice array of commentary, chat about new cameras of all sorts (not just the expensive ones I can't afford), great tips, great guest speakers talking about techniques or products. The hosts, Scott and Alex, really have a great show here. btw - I don't receive any compensation for saying this!

For those of you who don't know-- you don't need an ipod to listen to a podcast. Just download iTunes and you can 'subscribe' to the podcast directly in iTunes. It will download, automatically update when there is a new one and is all you need. I listen to my podcasts with my iphone connected to my car stereo via a cassette adapter. It works great.

Here is a great tip on there website called "Background, Background, Background." I love the quote from the site "It was my way of reminding them that the best subject in the world, placed in front of a crappy background, leads to a crappy photo." - I really wish someone had told me this sooner!


Check out "This Week in Photography" and tell them John Harrison Photography sent you!

Enjoy
John

No comments: