Saturday, January 10, 2009

Printing Big with "The Beast Printer"!!! Now Printing on a 44" Wide Epson 9800



One of my biggest and most important customers (my Mother) called after receiving a 20" x 30" canvas giclee' print. She stated it was VERY nice, but too small! She wants a bigger print! So I went out and helped to personally jump start the economy by purchasing a beast of a printer - The Epson Stylus Pro 9800! It prints up to 44" wide so I can make some gigantic canvas prints. You can see one of them on the wall and one that is being prepared (that print in my hands will only make a 20" x 30" canvas with gallery wrapped edges).

The canvas Gallery wrapped images REALLY look fantatic! It is a totally different look since it just goes on the wall without a frame. The color just jumps off the canvas though and you get a really nice image. I will include another blog post on the process coming up.

I am starting to pack for Yosemite and get all of the gear ready! Unfortunately, it looks like it will be WARM up there and no snow :-( Maybe the falls will start flowing really nicely! I probably jinxed it by borrowing snow shoes.

Thanks again for ALL the fantastic notes from the articles - I heard KGO radio ran the story as well! Wow!

Enjoy and keep shooting!
John

No comments: