Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New HIgh-End Camera Bag - Gura Gear



I just finished listening to the latest episode of "This Week in Photography" which had Andy Biggs talking about shooting on safaris and his new line of photography gear bags. This is a brand new photo backpack called the Kiboko by Gura Gear. It looks like an awesome bag and at $399 it better be! It uses sail cloth material to save weight, be durable and water resistant. I might have to try one out! The one thing it appears to NOT have is storage for a laptop which would mean I would need to have another backpack just for that and other loose gear. Maybe they have another version in the work! I currently use a Lowepro Rover Plus which is ok - it has a slot on the back for a computer but the main disappointment is the top compartment is one big area but everything you put in it can fall down into the lower compartment! My pens, keys, coins all keep falling down into the lower section behind the padded comparments for the lenses (meaning they are essentially lost!)

I will keep you posted if I try out the Gura Gear! Cheers, John

No comments: