Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Food and Fine Art Nature Photography Exhibit at Mike's Cafe in Menlo Park

I wanted to write a great recommendation for a restaurant in Menlo Park close to Palo Alto called Mike's Cafe. There are 3 locations - Menlo Park, Palo Alto and Portola Valley. If you happen to get down to Mike's Cafe in Menlo Park, I am exhibiting about 12 canvas/Giclée and framed images from Yosemite to Point Lobos throughout the restaurant from now through the end of September. My images can always be found on my website at John Harrison Photography.

Ellen stumbled on my work when my kids music teacher was at Mike's cafe. Ellen saw his bookmark, which just happended to be a postcard to my open house event, and conversations led to me exhibiting at Mike's Cafe! Note- this another good reason to leave your name and address on my guest book to get postcards to find out about open house events! Mike and Ellen Wallau are really fantastic folks and I am excited to be exhibiting there!

Ok, forget my artwork... the food is awesome!! Mary and I went there to celebrate our 10th anniversary there and it a great!! Everything has a home cooked taste about it. I have been back for lunch a few more times - the spaghetti is dangerously good ( you will have to ask the secret ingredients they put in there!), the "House Made Italian Sausage Lasagne with ricotta, provolone, parmesan, light cream marinara" is great. The "10 Spice Wild Salmon Salad" really is good and different. Too many choices! OK, this is making me REALLY hungry!

Please drop in, grab a bite, check out some artwork and say Hello!

Mikes Cafe image

Mike's Café 150 Middlefield Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025. (650) 327-6453. The owners are Mike and Ellen and are really great (especially since they selected me for their restaurant!)

No comments: