Saturday, August 8, 2015

Beer Garden in the German Alps, Lake Königsee in the Berchtesgaden

"Beer Garden in the German Alps" I am back from another adventure in Germany. This time I headed to Lake Königsee in the Berchtesgaden area near the Salzburg and the German/Austrian Border. This image is from Mount Jenner above Lake Königsee. A 30 minute cable-car ride up to the top gives you fantastic views! Another 30-45 hike takes you to the Gipfel summit with amazing views!
I have decided my favorite part of being in the German Alps are the Beer Gardens!! There is nothing more rewarding after a hike to then hang out and have a beer and food! This particular weekend was 40 degrees C (100+ Fahrenheit!) and even though it was a short hike, it seemed like it was straight up with my 30 pound camera pack). Really some amazing views that I will post. The wildflowers were quite nice and tall mountains everywhere followed by the view of Lake Königsee below. Another place to definately get to when over in Europe.


No comments: