Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camera ideas for Father's Day - Eye Fi Wifi Wireless SD Memory cards


Father's Day is coming up. June 21 if you weren't sure. I just started looking around for ideas and thought I would share one. A friend had recommended these so I thought I would give it a try. The Eye-Fi Explore Wi-Fi Wireless 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card. They also come in 4Gb models - my Dads camera (My old Nikon D50 that I gave him) won't support 4Gb SDHC unfortunately. No problem - with wireless connecting and downloading, 2Gb should be fine.

Some of the interesting features I liked about this model is the Geo Tagging capability and access to hotspots around the country (a 1 year subscription). The model with Geotagging included is the Explore. I believe it uses the wifi hotspots to get an approximate location for you which is good enough for most instances.

I will try it out and let you know! If anyone else has experience or feedback using these, drop me a line and let me know.

No comments: