Monday, December 14, 2009

Community Giving and My Photography


Community Giving. I am blessed to have a great day job at Symantec and photography is my passion and growing side venture. Giving back to the community has been very important to me and Sunnyvale Community Services (SCS) is a fantastic organization where I donate a portion of proceeds (with Symantec match) as well as annually donating a print to their auction. SCS provides financial aid, food, toys at Christmas and emergency assistance to low-income families and seniors facing crises in the Sunnyvale area. Their annual auction took place a couple of weeks ago raising $40K in less than 90 minutes. My "Sunset on Half Dome from Glacier Point" I donated raised $550! If you want to give toys, $$ or food to SCS, please look on their website. The folk’s needs that they provide for continue to grow at an exponential rate in this challenging economy. Consider this or other organizations like this especially around the holidays.

No comments: