Saturday, December 6, 2008

A few additional awards from the Palo Alto Camera Club


Wednesday evening, we held the final photo competition for this year at the Palo Alto Camera club. We had prints and digital competition. Quite an array of images including many with fog in them! I guess the weather has been quite foggy in the morning.

I am always amazed at the array of images. I submitted 3 images and 1 took a second place award, 1 took a third place award and then the image my wife hated- got blasted by the judge (I was trying to be a little TOO creative). Taking risks and trying new things is part of the creative process! I will continue to push the edge and try new things... in the mean time.... I should have listened to my wife! I will listen to my wife. I will listen to my wife. I will listen to my wife :-) I should have seen it as fate when I caught my three year old drawing on my freshly printed image (the one my wife didn't like) that was sitting in our other room! Hmmm... did she put him up to it?!?! I will never know! I am just happy to have done so well with my other two images!

The two images I entered that placed were: 2nd place, Winter Storm over Mono Lake at Sunset that is at the top of the blog and I received a 3rd place award for one of my new images that is debuting at the Rok Bistro restaurant as a new image in my series "Rockscapes in the Valley of Fire" - "Sunset at Rainbow Vista in the Valley of Fire" .

It was a fun evening with quite a few amazing image - the Palo Alto Camera club has an AMAZING group of talent and strength of images - I am happy just to participate and share!
Enjoy! John

No comments: