Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sunnyvale Community Services benefit Auction


As some of you may know, I donate a portion of portion of my proceeds to Sunnyvale Community Services - an organzation here in Sunnyvale that provides food and assistance to people in need. It really is an amazing organization! They provide so much good in the community especially during hard economic times like these. I highly recommend you take a look at what they do or contribute to help yourself. Nancy Tivol is the director of the organization and has created a real model of success for a non-profit and voluteer based organization. Donating from proceeds from my artwork is a way that I can give back to my local community (and my real job employer, Symantec, matches my contributions!)

Sunnyvale Community Services held their annual auction Thursday night. It it a great event put on with many local community leaders and the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce. This year I donated a framed photograph titled the "Last Images of the Grant Road Farm" that was auctioned off. That really brought back memories for many people who remembered the pumpkin farm and Christmas tree sales they would do there. It is truly one of the last farms in silicon valley.

Sunnyvale Community Services is starting up their Community Christmas Center to provide gifts and food for local folks for the holidays.

I am glad to be able to share my gifts and give back to the community in many ways.
Enjoy!
John

No comments: